There are two ways to file a Proof of Claim with the court: (1) submit your claim electronically using the Court’s the Electronic Proof of Claim (ePOC) application or (2) mail your claim to the Clerk's Office in Denver.
Please read all information below BEFORE filing your proof of claim.
In ePOC, you will be prompted to fill out an online Proof of Claim form. You do not have to fill out a form before starting.
Attachments: While completing the proof of claim form, you will be asked if you wish to attach supporting documentation. Important Information:
- Documents MUST be saved in PDF format;
- MUST be smaller than 10mb in size;
- MUST NOT contain document security;
- Even though the application allows multiple attachments combining them into One PDF is helpful; and
- SHORT file names work best – try saving it on your desktop as "Ex1" etc. Attachments not meeting these criteria will be rejected by the application and prevent your claim from submitting to the case. If your claim fails, please try it again without the attachment(s) and call the number below to have them added. You must have a claim number first.
Protect personal information. All court documents are public, including claims. You must redact: social security and taxpayer-identification numbers; dates of birth; names of minor children; and financial account numbers. This requirement applies to all documents, including attachments. The Court will not redact information after it is filed.
When your claim is submitted successfully, you will see a verification message with your claim number. If you do not get a claim number your claim did not get filed in the case.
If you have questions about the process, please call 720-904-7450.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about claims and ePOC.
- This application is best used in Google CHROME or Firefox.
- Safari and Internet Explorer are not supported.
- Please clear your browser cache and browsing history before using ePOC.
To submit an electronic claim, click here: Online Proof of Claim
To view instructions on how to complete your claim, click here
Mailing a Proof of Claim: If you are unable to file your proof of claim online, click here to download and print the official form. Fill it out, then mail it to the Bankruptcy Clerk at:
US Bankruptcy Court - Colorado
721 19th Street
Denver, CO 80202.
NOTE: Filing a Proof of Claim does not constitute an entry of appearance. You will not receive electronic notification of case filings.
NOTE: Notices pursuant to FRBP 3002.1 cannot be filed using the ePOC application.