The checklist and forms referenced on this page are required for all individual filings. If you are a corporation, or other business, specific forms for non-individuals can be found at https://www.uscourts.gov/forms/bankruptcy-forms.
Download All Chapter 7 Forms for Individual Filers
Chapter 7 Checklist - Required Forms & Documents for Individuals
A complete list of official forms, including those referenced below, can be found at: http://www.uscourts.gov/forms/bankruptcy-forms
- Voluntary Petition for Individuals Filing for Bankruptcy (Official Form 101) – this completed form must be signed by the debtor(s). Additional signatures (and forms) may be necessary if you are represented by an attorney or if you paid someone to prepare your documents.
- Your Statement About Your Social-Security Numbers (or other Individual Taxpayer-Identification Number(s)) (Official Form 121) - this form requirement applies to individual debtors only. Your full social security number is required.
- Application to Pay Filing Fee in Installments by Individual Debtor(s) (Official Form 103A) – if applicable
- Application to Have the Chapter 7 Filing Fee Waived (Official Form 103B) – if applicable
- A Summary of Your Assets and Liabilities and Certain Statistical Information - Individual (Official Form 106 Summary)
- Schedules A/B through J - Individual and joint debtors must file Schedules A/B through J. If any of the applicable schedules do not apply, the debtor MUST note “NONE” on the form and file it with the other documents.
- Schedule A/B: Property – Individual
- Schedule C: The Property You Claim as Exempt
- Schedule D: Creditors Who Hold Claims Secured By Property - Individual
- Schedule E/F: Creditors Who Have Unsecured Claims - Individual
- Schedule G: Executory Contracts and Unexpired Leases - Individuals
- Schedule H: Your Codebtors - Individuals
- Schedule I: Your Income - Individuals
- Schedule J: Your Expenses – Individuals
- Schedule J-2: Expenses for Separate Household of Debtor 2 (Official Form 106 J-2) - Use this form for Debtor 2’s separate household expenses ONLY IF Debtor 1 and Debtor 2 maintain separate households.
- Declaration About an Individual Debtor’s Schedules (Official Form 106 - Declaration)
- Your Statement of Financial Affairs for Individuals (Official Form 107)
- Statement of Intention for Individuals Filing Under Chapter 7 (Official Form 108)
- Chapter 7 Statement of Your Current Monthly Income (Official Form 122A-1) – this form is required by all individual debtors.
- Chapter 7 Means Test Exemption (Official Form 122A-1 SUPP) – if applicable
- Chapter 7 Means Calculation (Official Form 122A-2)- if applicable
- Notice Required by 11 U.S.C. §342(b) for Individuals Filing for Bankruptcy (Form 2010) – read only – do not file this document with the court.
- Consent for Electronic Notice and Service in a Bankruptcy Case – this is an optional local bankruptcy form for individual debtors to waive service and notice by United States mail, and consent to electronic service of any motions, documents, orders, and judgments entered in their case.
- Certificate of Credit Counseling – required by all individual debtors. A certificate of credit counseling is issued by the credit counseling agency after the debtor has completed a credit counseling course.
- Mailing List of All Creditors – In addition to creditors being listed on your schedules, debtors are required to provide a list of creditors. See Creating a List of Creditors.
If you are represented by an attorney or paid someone to prepare your documents these additional forms may be required:
- Disclosure of Compensation Pursuant to Federal Bankruptcy Rule 2016(b) (Form 2030)
- Bankruptcy Petition Preparer’s Notice, Declaration, and Signature (Official Form 119)
- Disclosure of Compensation of Non-Attorney Bankruptcy Petition Preparer (Official Form B 280)