Notice to Clients of Devon Michael Barclay and the law firm of Devon Barclay, P.C.
Devon Michael Barclay and the law firm of Devon Barclay, P.C. are no longer permitted to practice law before this Court. If Mr. Barclay was your lawyer, he can longer represent you. The Court encourages you to read Judge McNamara’s Opinion and find a new lawyer. Please also consider the following:
- The Bankruptcy Court cannot be your lawyer.
- Free legal advice may be available for Chapter 7 Debtors from the Colorado Bar Association Pro Se Bankruptcy Clinic.
- You are responsible for your case. You must read and comply with all Court orders and you must appear for all Court hearings.
- If you need additional time to meet a deadline, you must file your request in writing before the deadline expires. The Court cannot take action on your case based on a phone call or chat request.
- You are responsible for taking the Personal Financial Management Course and for filing your Certificate of Completion for the course. Some course providers will notify the Court for you. If the Court does not receive your Certificate, your case will be closed, you won’t receive a discharge of your debts, and you’ll have to pay $260 to reopen your case.
- If you moved or plan to move, you must complete a Change of Address form and file it with the Court.
- The Court accepts documents three ways:
In person at 721 19th St., Denver, CO 80202.
By mail to U.S. Bankruptcy Court, 721 19th St., Denver, CO 80202.
Online through our I-File portal.
- You are responsible for paying any remaining Court fees. Even if you paid the full filing fee to your lawyer, if the lawyer did not transmit all of it to the Court and you receive a notice of impending dismissal due to nonpayment of one or more installment payments on the fee, your case may be dismissed due to nonpayment. It is your responsibility to ensure the Court’s receipt of the full payment. Please contact the Clerk’s Office to check your balance. The Court accepts payments three ways:
In person with cash, money order, or cashier’s check at 721 19th St., Denver, CO 80202. All cash payments must be exact.
By mail to U.S. Bankruptcy Court, 721 19th St., Denver, CO 80202. Please do not mail cash.
Online with a debit card, PayPal, or ACH at Online Payments or by scanning this QR code.